Weightmania offers a lot bang for your buck…it allows you to track every aspect of your workouts from pace and distance to water intake and cadence. You can also track meals, general medical info and you can even upload pictures of yourself. The best thing about this updated version are the calculators including body fat, BMI, BMR, calories and more. A great investment!
– Paige Waehner
About.com Exercise Guide
Certified personal trainer and fitness author
Weightmania is fitness and nutrition software that tracks and analyzes workouts, meals, measurements, health information and progress. In a “best of both worlds” approach, this app combines the quality of a native desktop application and modern, cloud-services. With 30 tools, including 12 fitness calculators, 40,000 foods, maps (to map outdoor runs and walks), and the ability to track 120 details daily, it’s the one of the most comprehensive fitness apps on the market.
It supports any type of cardio and weight training, and accommodates any workout or diet plan. Track detailed information about strength and cardio workouts, meals, measurements, weight loss, health (diabetes, cholesterol, sleep and blood pressure) and much more. Map running and cycling routes on or off-road, visualize progress, judge the effectiveness of diets and workouts, and reach goals sooner.
For individuals, businesses and groups. Weightmania is used in 55 countries by fitness centers, schools, corporate wellness programs, the military, personal trainers, athletes, coaches and anyone who wants a detailed fitness tracking solution. Businesses can add private labeling and branding (such as logos, custom photos, colors and slogans) and distribute the cloud version to users at no charge. Track one to an unlimited number of people.
Weightmania is a desktop app that securely stores data in the cloud (online) for easy access and sharing. You can install it on an unlimited number of Windows and Mac computers. As long as you have Internet, you can reach your data anywhere.
Engineering makes a difference. Weightmania was designed and developed locally (not outsourced) and we continuously update and re-designed them to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, make improvements and support the latest research. For example, the nutrition journal was designed in partnership with the University of Connecticut Human Performance Lab (recognized worldwide for exercise kinesiology and nutrition), while the exercise section is based on input from athletes, trainers and coaches nationwide.
Based on years of experience. This is a re-boot of an app we launched 15 years ago, when there were only a few commercial fitness apps on the market. It was one of the first to include a large food database, offer an adaptive food search, map runs without GPS, and track details like weather, splits and cadence (the number of revolutions of the crankset per minute when cycling). Unlike most competing apps, our engineering, sales and support staff, have strong backgrounds in both fitness and software. For example, the company founder and president has 30 years of long-distance running experience (including eight years of varsity track), a degree in computer science, and 25 years of experience developing software. This is reflected in our products, services and support.
Money-back guarantee, free support and free trial. We offer a 30 day money-back guarantee and free, unlimited, U.S. based technical support by email. You can also download a free trial prior to ordering. Our trials install on any computer and do not require an email address, credit card or any personal information. Experience the difference!
Weightmania took years to develop.
Weightmania’s interface is jam-packed with tools…We are particularly impressed with its nutrition search; just enter a food and a list of matches from its database detailing the item’s calories, sugars, vitamins, and nutrients is given. Fitness buffs will appreciate this program’s elaborate approach for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
– CNET Software Editor
Health and nutrition software review
I spend more time on the computer than I do on the roads, so I’ve seen plenty of training sites and sampled far too many software packages. Most of them are either exercise logs, with nutrition as one of several features, or nutrition-based, with an exercise log added on…I like the Weightmania package which offers the best balance of exercise and nutrition…
– Runner’s World Magazine
Fitness gear reviewer
12 fitness calculators
Unbelievably Comprehensive! I just started using this software and I am stunned at how much I can track with it and how much I can customize the program to fit my own personal plan. Whatever you want to track, it IS possible. I have already recommended this software to several friends and will continue to recommend it for those interested in health and fitness. This is even BETTER than five stars!
– H. Husman
Full feature list
• Great for any type of cardio, especially running, walking and cycling.
• Record multiple weight training and cardiovascular workouts per day.
• Track average, resting and maximum heart rate.
• Track the difficulty of each workout and how you felt.
• Track weather conditions, routes, injuries and equipment.
• Track up to 100 splits per workout.
• Create and save predefined workouts (programs); enter future workouts in one mouse-click.
• Print weight training programs that you can take to the gym.
• Track equipment use (such as mileage on running shoes).
• Know when to replace running shoes, bicycle tires and clothing.
• Calculates calories burned for hundreds of exercises and activities.
• 860 exercises + 80 professionally designed workout plans; add an unlimited number of new ones too.
• Track daily calories, protein, carbs, fat, sugar, sodium, cholesterol, fiber and water.
• Track servings, food groups and points (for diet plans that use them).
• Record foods fast with drag and drop (drag multiple foods at the same time).
• “Favorites list” conveniently stores the foods you eat most often.
• 40,000 food database.
• 16,000 serving sizes (food weights, sizes and portions).
• Add an unlimited number of custom foods.
• Lookup ingredients and add their nutrients together (sums nutrients for 100 foods at a time).
• Record and manage an unlimited number of recipes.
• Determine the total nutrients in any meal or recipe.
• Manage a grocery list (calculates total cost plus includes section for coupons).
• Create predefined meals (menus); in the future, enter meals for an entire day in one click.
• Calculates daily calories burned from exercise and BMR (the calories you burn at rest).
• Shows daily nutrients broken down by meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks).
• Easily compare daily nutrients to daily goals (includes recommended Daily Values).
• Map routes anywhere, on or off-road (not just roads).
• Distance calculations are more accurate than other sites.
• Calculates miles & KM’s for each route point + total distance.
• Store an unlimited number of routes.
• Displays Latitude Longitude for each route point.
• View street, aerial photo and hybrid maps.
• Create maps for any address in the United States & Canada.
• Fast, smooth scrolling in any direction.
• Easily move the map or route points by dragging the mouse.
• 18 zoom levels (from 1:1050 miles to 1:60 feet).
• 100% ad free! Maps contain no advertising.
• Track all the essential measurements including heart rate, body fat, and BMI.
• Precisely track your body weight.
• Track up to 7 body fat caliper measurements.
• Copy last recorded measurements to the current day in one click.
• Instantly shows you the change between current and last measurements entered.
• Track blood pressure and pulse rate.
• Track and analyze daily sleep patterns.
• Track cholesterol (total, HGL, LDL and triglycerides).
• Track blood sugar and medication up to eight times per day (for diabetes).
• Print this information and share it with your doctor.
• Create line, bar, area, pie and moving average graphs.
• Compare data on multiple graphs simultaneously.
• Zoom feature lets you enlarge graphs up to ten times.
• Create comprehensive reports in text or Web (HTML) format.
• Full size color-coded calendar for viewing data by month and year.
• Calculates minimums, maximums, averages and totals for all data.
• Summarizes information by week and month.
• Calculates total weight lifted by muscle group, for any date range.
• Calculates maximum weight lifted for each exercise, for any date range.
• Calculates mileage, number of uses and use time for equipment (like running shoes).
• Counts workouts, courses and routes you ran, days missed, etc.
• Filter lets you view specific types of workouts on graphs and charts.
• Visually track progress over time.
• “Before & after” + daily, weekly & monthly progress photos.
• Scanned documents (such as lab test results).
• Portraits of each user (when tracking groups).
• Charts and screen captures from other applications.
• Exercise, recipe, and equipment photos.
• Allows multiple photos per day for each user.
• Automatically arranges photos in album format.
• Add text descriptions below each photo.
• Smoothly resize, rotate and print any photo.
• Print custom workout cards for use in the gym.
• Saves time for personal trainers & users of all levels.
• Create cards in PDF format that can be emailed to clients.
• Great for personal trainers with remote clients.
• Makes cards from pre-defined meal & workout templates.
• Include exercises, sets, weights, repetitions and photos.
• Leave sections blank to be filled in later.
• Add up to three photos per exercise.
• Create and print each workout card in seconds.
• View cards online (printing is optional).
• Send clients feedback, instructions and comments.
• Email an entire group in one click.
• Clients can send you messages when they have questions.
• Saves hours by eliminating daily calls.
• Works like standard email, but it’s faster and messages don’t get blocked.
• Keep your clients on-track, informed and motivated.
• Record data whenever you want (daily entry is not required).
• Every input box is optional (you don’t have to fill in everything shown).
• Can be customized for each user.
• Uses familiar spreadsheets and easy forms.
• Supports Metric and English (can be used internationally).
• Cut, copy and paste workouts, meals, tables, tabs, text, forms and more.
• Paste tables and data directly into other applications like Excel.
• Ample space for recording personal diary and daily notes.
• Each user can select from five background colors.
• Navigate fast with color-coded calendars.
• Support for workout and event planning.
• Automatically reminds you of planned activities.
• Powerful search finds previously entered information fast.
• Print any chart, table, report or screen.
• Reorder and resize any table column (remembers each user’s settings).
• Provides detailed information about the new food pyramid.
• Password protection available for each user (keeps your data private).
• Built-in, easy-to-use help system (uses familiar Web page format).